BARK, a premier doggy daycare, lodging facility, and pet spa is seeking highly motivated, self-managing people to join our team. We are seeking an individual that is hard-working, team-oriented, and positive. Being compassionate and empathetic come naturally to this kind, happy, and fun-to-work-with professional. And, of course, must love dogs!
We have a three-phase hiring process. Only those who complete ALL phases will be considered.
Phase 1: Online Application (below)
Phase 2: Hiring Seminar (upon invitation)
Phase 3: Skills Assessment (upon invitation)
Only online applications will be accepted.
Who Are We?
Our business is about people and their dogs. It’s about helping people and INSPIRING them to do more with and for their dogs. We are a group of energetic, motivated people who love what we do and are looking for other like-minded, high-quality people to join us. We offer exciting opportunities that will challenge your abilities, expand your skills, and reward your contributions. Our Leadership Team is passionate about fostering both personal and professional growth for all.
- You Are Dependable – being a few minutes early is normal for you. You look forward to what the great day ahead spent with dogs will bring. Your teammates know they can count on you to do your work with excellence.
- Excessive tardiness or absence is disruptive to pet care and client service and cannot be accommodated.
- You Love the Details – as a team, we want to make sure each guest’s needs are met. From medications to meals, play times to pampering, it is all in the details to make our guest’s stay the best it can be.
- You Are a Team Player – you want the best for the dogs that are staying with us and work as a member of the team to get that accomplished. You are willing to jump in wherever you are needed. You add to the conversation about ways to make BARK better.
- Negative behaviors such as gossiping, blaming, and degrading others are destructive to the team and cannot be accommodated.
- You Are a Goal-Setter – you have goals for your work and for yourself. We have built a work culture were accomplishing goals is key to success. We have educational opportunities and areas for growth as you deepen your experience in the pet care field.
- You Have a Client Focus – All team members must have excellent communication skills and a strong dedication to outstanding customer service. They are expected to exceed client’s expectations for the quality of service provided from our facility.
Purpose of the Job
The relationships with our clients and community are the core of our mission, and the Client Relationship Advocate (CRA) is the key representative for BARK inside the facility. This person is often the first and primary point of contact for new and existing clients checking in or out their pets, purchasing services, or requesting more information about our resort.
What You Will Be Doing
The CRA’s duty is to ensure that BARK is providing top notch, professional, and friendly customer service to every client. Most of these interactions are in the form of check-ins and check-outs. As such, this team member will ensure that all pet and client information, reservations, and special instructions are recorded accurately. In addition, as the client’s point of contact, the CRA will be responsible for recommending appropriate services for their pet. And, when the need arises, the CRA will be responsible for addressing client complaints.
Expectations and Duties
- Customer Service
- Greet all clients and pets with a friendly demeanor
- Learn the reservations system inside and out
- Make transactions quick and easy for clients
- Guest care
- Ensure accurate record of all client and pet information
- Maintain accurate census of guests
- Ensure progress reports are completed and shared with clients
- Maintain clean lobby and lobby bathrooms
- Order and keep track of all office supply inventory
- Maintain organization of front-of-house storage
- Communicate clearly and promptly any guests arriving/departing
- Bring attention to any special instructions provided by the client
- Ensure team members have correct and up-to-date client and pet information
- Sales and Marketing
- Demonstrate the value of our services to prospective clients
- Educate current clients on the benefits of appropriate additional services
- Help facilitate events, social media campaigns, mailings, photos, etc.
- Desire to make the client and employee experience pleasant, welcoming, and memorable
- Communicating and connecting company mission and values to daily operations
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Able to handle busy phones and provide accurate information to clients
- Demonstrate positive attitude towards pets, co-workers, and clients
- Passion for animals; humanely and gently handle animals at all times
- Computer literate with ability to learn in-house software, e-mail, Word, and Excel
Desired Experience and Education
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a pet facility or pet care environment
- Excellent work history and references
- Safety is the responsibility of every team member. Team members must be able to complete all work in a safe manner, including operating necessary equipment.
- Basic knowledge of dog breeds, personalities, behaviors, and handling.
- Must be able to handle dogs of all sizes without being afraid of them.
- Maintain a respectful and courteous attitude toward clients and teammates in all situations.
- Our guests require care 365 days; weekend and holiday work are assigned on rotating basis.
- Must be able to squat, stoop, bend, lift 40 pounds, and do a lot of walking.
- Must be able to react quickly to auditory signals, warnings, or communication from other staff, animals, or equipment.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance while at work, according to the dress policy. This includes a clean and unwrinkled uniform, being well-groomed, having proper personal hygiene, and wearing appropriate attire.
- Maintain and project a positive attitude about the facility, clients, guests, and teammates.
- All team members must be able to read, write legibly, and communicate clearly in English both in person and on the telephone with professionalism and tact.
- Basic computer literacy including the ability to type on a computer keyboard, use a computer mouse, and view information on a computer screen.
- Must be able to grasp, hold, and manipulate objects varying from small and fine to large and heavy with both hands.
Pay depends on experience and qualifications, with performance-based bonus upon approval. We don’t hire only to fill a seat, rather we take our time looking for the right people. If you know without a doubt that you are a fit, let’s talk.
Win or Lose as a Team
Our team openly works together to create remarkable experiences that positively impacts lives. Everyone on the team is responsible for bringing new ideas, perspectives, and solutions to the table. Starting with day one, we want your voice as part of the conversation.
This is Our Passion
Every day we get to be a part of something bigger than ourselves. Providing our guests with a fun, safe, and stimulating environment. Providing inspiration to dog parents who need it. Educating our clients in the care of their pet. Improving the quality of life for the pets in our community is the goal for us. It’s why we do what we do.